12 Oct, 2012
Territory Discoveries release specialised school group tours
Territory Discoveries are the destination specialists for Australia’s Northern Territory and have recently added new school group travel excursions to their growing list of Specialised Group Travel Tours.
Find a Group Expert
The new student excursions allow young, inspired minds to venture on a journey through the heart of Australia firsthand - a land rich with history and full of inspiring stories, not yet told.
Territory Discoveries offer set or tailor made itineraries to suit each school group’s educational/syllabus requirements which may include subjects such as Biology, Indigenous Studies, History, Agriculture and many more. The educational adventure comes to life as groups meet with local ‘Territorians’ who give their personal insights into outback living. Territory Discoveries also provide suitable transport options and accommodation to match specific groups, no matter how small or large. In addition to this a dedicated specialist guide is provided for each class to facilitate in depth training and learning, ensuring curriculum requirements are met on all levels.
Some of the inspiring itineraries on offer include:
Red Centre Package:
8 Day Aboriginal Cultural Study Tour
• Visit one of the most significant art sits in the world at Cave Hill as an elder shares his dreamtime story of the Seven Sisters.
• Make a lasting connection at a local indigenous school as you provide help in the classrooms.
• Use art as a medium for understanding culture with a dot painting workshop and visit to the home of Albert Namitjira.
Top End Package:
5 day Nature and History Discovery
• Learn of our Indigenous ancestors and view rock art spanning back thousands of years.
• Stare in awe at the crocodiles in their natural habitats, learn about these ancient creatures.
• Explore Kakadu National Park, Arnhem Land, Litchfield and Katherine.
• Reflect on our past as you explore the history at Darwin’s WWII sites
Territory Discoveries work closely with operators to ensure the trips run smoothly and that students are engaged with quality content and activities. The combination of city vibrancy, the expansive regions of Outback desert and lush National Parks all culminate to provide a plethora of experiences, enjoyable and educational for both students and teachers alike.
To make the next school trip one of the highlights of the school year, take your students on an unforgettable educational experience to Australia’s Outback, and allow them to take away some appreciation, insight and understanding for this significant land and culture.