This ground breaking air safari explores the ancient wisdom of the world’s oldest living culture. Led by renowned archaeologist Professor Jo McDonald, one of Australia’s most distinguished rock art experts, this private air safari travels to some of the remotest regions in the country while staying at the most luxurious camps and lodges the Top End has to offer. Throughout this immersive journey, we spend time with Indigenous custodians, meeting Indigenous guides, elders, and artists, hearing their stories and looking at the history and culture of Aboriginal Australia through their eyes
14 nights all-inclusive tour by air from $36,340 per person, twin-share
- Interpret the meaning of ancient Aboriginal rock art with our expert Indigenous hosts and one of the country’s leading rock art experts, Jo McDonald.
- Explore remote destinations off the tourist trail by private plane including Groote Eylandt, Elcho Island and the iconic Kimberley Coast
- Immerse yourself in Aboriginal culture with Indigenous-led bush tucker walks, river cruises and visits to Aboriginal art centres to meet with renowned artists.
- Travel on the magnificent Paspaley Pearling Mallard for an unforgettable flight over the Top End of Australia, taking in views of this stunning wilderness.
- Go behind the scenes at Darwin’s fascinating Museum & Art Gallery of the Northern Territory, with cocktails, a sumptuous welcome dinner and a private viewing of the Indigenous collections with the Museum’s curator.
- Stay in some of Australia’s most lavish remote accommodation including Davidson’s Safari Lodge and Bamurru Plains Luxury Camp.
*Price is per person, based on twin share. Package is subject to change and availability. Arcadia expeditions will require a minimum of 6 passengers to depart. Pricing is correct as at 08 March 2021 and is subject to currency fluctuation. Whilst all information is correct at the time of publication, offers are subject to change. Valid for new bookings only, not combinable with any other offer. For full terms and conditions, contact your MTA Travel Advisor.