In the 1990s we had an idea that would revolutionise the travel industry. Today, we continue to be Australia’s leading team of mobile travel agents.
MTA – Mobile Travel Agents offers you the freedom to do travel your way, with a better work/life balance, the freedom of being your own boss and being rewarded for your hard work.Join MTA
We’re here to help you.
Back office support
With our head office support you are never alone. Our head office team of experienced travel professionals, are on hand to support you in your business so you can spend more time planning dream holidays for your clients, and travelling the world!
You’re in full control of your business and client files, and our support takes care of the ‘back office’ tasks leaving you more time to build your business and provide outstanding customer service.
No additional ticketing fees
At MTA – Mobile Travel Agents we don’t believe in hidden costs or fees so we don’t charge additional fees for ticketing, even if your ticket is issued after hours.
Our ticketing support is second to none. We know that emergencies do crop up, that’s why you’ll have access to 24/7 emergency ticketing support.
Market and grow your business with access to your own personal website, personalised email newsletter, and 1300 number so your clients can contact you worry free. Our comprehensive marketing toolkit will help you present your business in a professional and polished way. If the toolkit doesn’t have what you need our in-house graphic designer will work with you to create what you need – and there are no extra fees for this service!
Free indemnity insurance
When you partner with MTA you are protected under our blanket professional indemnity policy, so you don’t have to wear the cost of the worry. We also cover the cost of public liability insurance for expo events.
IT Helpdesk support
We don’t expect you to be experts on anything other than travel and booking amazing experiences for your clients! We have refined our systems over our 20 years and have developed systems that are efficient, and have been tried and tested.
Imagine you are in the middle of a booking when the unthinkable happens – a power failure or hardware crash. With our free helpdesk you will have access to our super IT team who assist our consultants to remotely access and fix issues without you lifting a finger.
Whether you are working from home or overseas, our 24/7 support team will be there to help!
Here’s what we include
$495 plus GST
- Your choice of GDS/CRS (Travelport, Sabre or Amadeus) and set up GDS refresher training, if required
- Training on the Virtual Office and our in house technology
- Set up of MTA business email account
- Registration to supplier online systems
- 1000 full colour business cards
- Samples of MTA stationery
- The invaluable support of your local Business Development Manager to offer advice as you grow your business.
- Dedicated in-house Training team
- Regular nationwide face-to-face training and product updates take place in major capital cities
- MTA forums and MTA National Conference take place on alternating years
- Opportunity to take part in a wide-range of study tours
- Library of online learning modules and recorded webinars for self-paced learning or refreshers
- $150 + GST- One low all-inclusive fee*
*Waived when you gross over $50,000 commission in a financial year
- Pay no MTA ticket issue fees
- MTA e-Global fares system – gives you access to a wide range of competitive global airfares
24/7 after hours support
- Emergency after-hours assistance provided by MTA inhouse team. We know those unexpected occasions do happen!
MTA Assistance Team
- A dedicated team to take care of your clients so you can take a study tour or well earned holiday and still earn your full commission.
- A dedicated inhouse marketing team to help you with all your marketing requirements
- Our own in-house graphic designer creates beautiful, professional collateral to help you promote your business
- Marketing toolkit – a wide range of editable marketing templates
- Monthly e-newsletter personalised and sent on your behalf to your clients to drive awareness and sales
- Your own 1300 number
- Personal MTA advisor website. Responsive for mobile and easily updated
- Unparalleled buying power in air, cruise and land product from our valued supplier partnerships, our in-house wholesaler and access to Helloworld exclusives
- Dedicated product team design exclusive leisure packages that can’t be bought elsewhere
IT help desk
- We all need IT help which is why IT support is available 24/7
Industry affiliations and memberships
As an MTA Advisor you will gain the benefits of our industry affiliations and memberships:
- International Cruise Council of Australasia (ICCA)
- Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA)
- Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA)
- Virgin Galactic
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Public liability insurance
MTA Support Team
- Our super support team will take care of your back office functions
- Weekly courier to dispatch your travel documents
- We can do your BAS returns
- 12 months. Maintain ownership of your client database at all times.
- No need to cross train – you can use the GDS you are comfortable using (Amadeus, Travelport – Galileo, Sabre)
- MTA Companion itinerary builder and mobile app so you can collaborate with your clients where ever they are in the world.
- Access to MTA’s closed advisor Facebook group to share insider knowledge with more than 420 other advisors. If you haven’t been there you can guarantee one of our advisors will have!
- Our MTA Companion App lets you collaborate on travel plans with your clients where ever they are. It provides real time messaging with your clients and is fully MTA branded.
Use the System You’re Familiar With
See what other MTA Travel Experts are saying
After more than 10 years going back and forth with the idea, I joined MTA and I have been able to fulfil my dream of being a home based agent. I really wish I made the decision to move earlier, as it has allowed me to work doing what I love, and an equally stable work/life balance."
Operating my own business in partnership with MTA has given me the freedom to be the best Travel Agent I can. I have complete control of my time, focus & energy. This, along with the high level of support & community offered by MTA allows me to consistently grow & develop my skills, knowledge & most excitedly my business. I didn’t anticipate how good it would feel to truly be in control of my working world – I love it!"
“Don’t waste time if you want the freedom of running a business. What you get out of the MTA family you won’t be able to get from other agencies. You gain recognition from MTA management and get amazing support and assistance that gives your start-up entity the legitimacy it needs. I feel a part of a family while I didn't even feel that way when I worked for a physical agency with other staff members."
"I have been lucky enough to have worked as an MTA Travel Advisor for the past 14 years, with my passion for travel there is no better company for me to work alongside to continue to grow my business. MTA has an amazing support network, nothing is ever a problem, the team are always there to help. The lifestyle that comes with MTA is a great work/life balance, you are in control of the hours you work with the added flexibility of working from home. MTA is in a very strong position to negotiate the best deals for us and our clients, I plan on working being with MTA for many more years to come. Thank you, MTA."
"...If you combine the MTA ingredients of the freedom to work your own hours, the ability to do as much or as little as you choose and the opportunity to see your income directly correlated to your work effort, you have the perfect work mix.The MTA – Mobile Travel Agents support team are the icing on the cake – taking care of accounts, finding the best deals and ensuring you get the very latest travel product knowledge. Your family and friends appreciate you being around when they need you. Your clients love the fact you can come to their home, or meet them at their work, or for a coffee at their favourite spot. And if you choose to put in the effort, the incremental earnings come to you."
Maxine and John Adams
“The amazing team in head office are not only the backbone of the network, but they, along with many MTA agents from all over Australia have become my biggest cheer squad! Having the ability to access world class product knowledge, while having 24/7 after hours assistance gives me the confidence I need to assist my clients anytime throughout their booking process. The way I connect with my clients and referrals now is so organic and I absolutely love getting to know them and all their quirks. Also, I’ve found that being able to be so personable allows me to deep-dive into how I can better support my clients vision so we can all share a slice of that sweet travel joy together."
"After 30 years in the travel industry and moving from Sydney to Melbourne, I decided that working for myself was the next step in my career. MTA was the only choice for me as not only is the organisation highly respected in the industry, but MTA have very high standards when it comes to accepting members and suppliers alike – which is very important to me and to my clients. MTA being a Virtuoso member was also a big draw card for me as I needed to still be able to offer the incredible luxury benefits to my clients and that they would continue to have the recognition by hotels and suppliers of this prestigious membership.Right from the start I felt I had made the best decision for me and my clients..."
"What do I like about working with MTA – Mobile Travel Agents? It’s 7am and already I have cleared my inbox while enjoying my morning coffee. After helping my daughter get ready, I drop her to school and then meet a client for coffee and plan their European holiday (earning amazing commission levels negotiated by the best in the business). I enjoy an afternoon with my daughter before calling a client and sorting out the final details for their family’s first overseas holiday to USA.
By the time my husband gets home from work I have tea on, daughter in the bath, and have added about $1,800 to my income for the year..."
“MTA allows me to service my clients at a time that suits us both, including after hours and weekends. My clients feel safe knowing I am an experienced agent, backed by a company that only uses approved financially-viable suppliers. Most importantly, I’m here for my clients when needed – during the planning and research, the holiday itself (if anything unexpected happens), and afterwards – to touch base as I genuinely care about their holiday experiences. The aspect I most enjoy about being an MTA Travel Advisor is that most clients end up becoming great friends."
We’ve been waiting for you.
Take the first step in your MTA journey!
Whether you own or manage an agency or are employed at a traditional agency, if you’re ready to break the chains holding you back, we’re here to help you enjoy freedom, fun, and financial success.
If you have the experience we're looking for and want to know more about MTA, just enter your details below and our friendly team will email you our MTA information e-book about how MTA works and why we think it will change your travel career for the better.
Questions? We have answers on joining MTA to run your own business as a Travel Advisor
We understand this is an important step in your career and we encourage you to ask questions – we love answering them. We have compiled our most commonly asked questions below, and if you don’t see your question listed, we invite you to download an Info Pack or get in contact.View FAQS